From:
"C.R. Crowell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:15:26 -0400
Sounds like the makings of a new business:  "Bee Air Traffic Services."  Selling
specially trained bees that perform a scientifically specified "waggle dance",
one choreographed specifically to your area.  These trained bees would be
guarranteed to dance for a minimun of 4 weeks, so that all of your bees would
fly only the proscribed route (Any bees not flying the prescribed route would
obvioiusly belong to other hives).

Send me a rough sketch of your area and indicate the areas where you want them to
fly, and your location.  I will show this material to the bees, do a little dance to
indicate where you are (limited to continental North America, I'm afraid), and send
them on their way (please no cameras while I perform).

Figure a 12 mph flight arrival time, the bees should be there and working.  If your
neighbor is skeptical, allow him or her (or any court officer) to inspect the hive
contents to see the "dance" for themselves.  I would provide reams of
documentation on the "waggle dance" concept (certain to cause their eyes to
glaze over) and a computer rendition of their choreography.

Likely to be cheaper than hiring an attorney to respond to a nasty letter,
since there would be no charge.

Respectfully,
BATS