From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:44:27 -0700
> Some gremlins decided I should not have any posts from BEE-L for a few
days.

I don't know if the following was your problem, but it reminds me:

Something BEE-L people should consider when installing SPAM and p*rn filters
or using an ISP that has them in place -- or using parental guidance/control
software, including the built-in features in MSIE -- is this: there are many
words used regularly on BEE-L that will cause sudden disappearance of BEE-L,
or BEE-L content, without any notice to you.

As an example of the reason for that, consider the discussion of artificial
inse*ination and all the details and how que*ns become fertile, and lots of
our other favourite topics.  They have to do with s*x, and the n*ts and
bolts of the how it is done, so to speak.  To make things even worse, some
of our articles discuss r*ce and could be intercepted by software looking
for r*cism.

MS Outlook has particularly brain-dead filters, so, if you install new
software, set up your computer for kids, or change ISPs -- or just lose
BEE-L for no obvious reason -- check for a filter somewhere in the delivery
system.

Moreover, sometimes *all* material entire internet domains gets blocked by
some ISPs without any notice to users.  This can happen due to some activity
on a server that has nothing to do with many innocent users of that system.
I've seen this happen a number of times, so if you suddenly cannot get email
from some source or another, check your own filters, then call your ISP
about it.

Just so you know...

allen
http://www.internode.net/honeybee/diary/