From:
BEE-L moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:49:08 -0700
This came in this morning via BeeGadgets, and although many BEE-L members
are also on that list, perhaps this is of sufficient interest to all that we
will offer it here too.  BEE-L normally does not encourage commercial
submissions, but well written press releases that are truly novel, like
this, are always considered.  This is however, not an endorsement of the
product and is presented for your interest only.

--- begin quote ---

BeeSystem announces the new generation of remote beehives monitoring
systems. First 10 systems will be tested in real "field environment"
this winter, and will be ready for commercial use by April 2004.

Key features of the new architecture:

- Up to 254 high-precision sensors per one apiary controller
(including meteorological sensors).
- Up to 16 types of sensors, such as weight, temperature, humidity,
CO2, barometric pressure etc.
- Full autonomy with solar panel (you don't need external power
supply or battery recharging).
- Automatic problem detection and notification by SMS messages.
- Works at hundreds and thousands miles from your home.
- You can have access to your real-time data (with reports, graphics,
analysis etc.) from everywhere in the world (you just need an
internet connection).
- Full data reporting by e-mail.
- You don't need to buy and install any hardware or software on your
home PC. You need just internet connection and web-browser.
- Easy to install and upgrade system.

Using all our experience while engineering this system, we tried to
keep the most affordable price. If you are interested in having this
system in your possession, please contact me: [log in to unmask]  For
more information and price quotes, please visit our web site
http://www.beesystem.ca . This site is available for US and Canadian
visitors
only.

--- end quote ---

For those who have missed previous announcements about BeeGadgets, BG is a
low volume, moderated discussion list especially created to discuss novel
ideas and gadgets when the discussion gets beyond the scope and interest of
BEE-L's mandate -- "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee
Biology". BG also permits discussion of existing equipment and supplies.

Community email addresses:
  Subscribe:    [log in to unmask]
  Unsubscribe:  [log in to unmask]

---

Readers are reminded also that participants in other lists and forums are
requested to bring to the attention of BEE-L readers any particularly
interesting discussions occurring elsewhere, and to summarize such topics to
this list, if possible within BEE-L guidelines.

Crossposting is also acceptable, again assuming that the crosspost meets the
BEE-L standards.

Your friendly BEE-L janitors and nursemaids