Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:29:53 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Hello, Mr Walddig,

I have had Weavers' Buckfast bees for eight years and I love those bees. They start flying about forty minutes before the Italians and I have had great success with them.
My only reason for not ordering them any more is the way the Postal system treats them. Two years ago My six packages were left on the Dallas Airport tarmac all afternoon, they all arrived dead. I cannot stand cruelty, Buckfast reshipped My order but I don't want to see that happen again. Luckily My bees survived the past few winters so I did not have to buy more. We now buy Our bees from a Man on Cape Cod Who drives down to Georgia and straight back with bees that are so healthy that they look like they had been put in the packages that morning. But if You try them I am positive You will like them. They winter very well and I've never had any of the aggressiveness that has been reported a few years ago when a hive replaced it's queen. They also winter very well and make an impressive honey crop. I have also purchased Buckfast Queens from Canada with very good results. If You try them I wish You luck. If it weren't for the Post Office I would have all Buckfast bees.
Garry Libby
Attleboro. Massachusetts, U.S.A.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2