From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:18:08 +0100
Hi Blane & all

Blane said...

>  I always figured that it was the contrast
> between the watchband and my skin that they were homing in on.

I had not considered this, but a thought springs to mind... On Sherriff
suits there is a region around the hood where black tape reinforces the
junction of the face mesh with the rest of the suit. Mostly these suits are
white, but I do not see any interest exhibited by bees at this black/white
demarcation where the contrast is at it's most marked.

I am not saying you are wrong, but that visual contrast is not all of the
answer.

Best Regards & 73s... Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website...
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman