From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:10:23 -0400
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]> said:

> ...Approximately 80% of the mites on the bees were dislodged during
> the first treatment. Another treatment 24 hours later dislodged almost all
> the remaining mites.

This is my second summer using powdered sugar dusting for mite control
while supers are on, so I'm interest in how you counted the mites remaining
on bees after a "treatment".

How did you count the mites left on the bees after the dusting?

  a)  With a sugar roll?

  b)  With an ether roll?

  c)  With a stack of tiny little survey forms left on the landing board?  :)

  d)  Or was this a conclusion from seeing a zero mite drop after changing
       your paper/sicky board and waiting some period?

        jim