From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:22:56 -0800
Every time this subject comes up, I'm going to repeat my two
experiences:  First, I once placed a newly-bought queen in a hive
below a queen excluder with empty, drawn extracting comb above.
Later I found a small clump of sealed brood, about 1" D, on each side
of the middle frame and it never happened again.

Second, I once had a box of frames of foundation above an excluder
and a queen cell developed on one frame without a single other drawn
cell.

When a room full of people avow they have never seen something, it
means nothing.  Imagine what they would have said when they first
heard someone describe a giraffe.   Dan