From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:08:40 -0500
Hello All,
Bee paralysis has been around a long time. Some researchers and beekeepers
believe no cure for the worse of the virus (PMS)  would be found.

A key to bee paralysis was found by me on page 210 of the 32nd. issue of
ABC XYZ of beekeeping published in 1962 long ago.

Many reading have got a copy. Could remains of the F.R. Beuhne ( Tooberac,
Australia ) line of italians be still around. Mr. Beuhne was one of the
most extensive beekeepers of that country so could tolerance of bee
paralysis virus ( or most virus) be widespread in Australian bees?

quote page 211:
"By killing off the queens and introducing his own stock he cured the
disease." (fifty queens in test)

Also:

"Repeated tests have shown that paralysis is never transmitted by the
brood or combs , but that it is carried by the dead or sick bees"

I do not know the way Mr. Beuhne came to the above conclusion or what
tests he ran. Can Australian beekeepers on BEE-L fill in the blanks and
provide further information on Mr. Beuhne?

bob