From:
Robert Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:11:54 -0400
I've seen red, blue, and green/yellow eyed drones. The hives always seem to
be fine. I would assume just random mutations. Red however is extremly
rare. I have found only one hive with those. I brought them home to
photograph, but they died before I made it back. It's interesting that
after they die the color fades to black, so I was unable to get their
picture. Does anyone know why the color would disappear within an hour of
death?

Robert Williamson
www.texasdrone.com