From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:51:05 -0800
Great heads up from Peter. I'd also love to hear from anyone with first hand
experience of AHB invading other hives. I've certainly never seen it and
wonder how it's even possible without huge casualties on both sides. A weak
hive, say with a couple empty supers getting invaded from an unguarded
entrance, sure, but a take over deal?

If it's true I'll have to start giving a different answer at the Farmer's
Market to people with one of the most common questions, which is "Do Killer
Bees take over the other beehives?" I usually just say no, since there's no
time to talk about A.m. Capensis pseudoqueens and all that stuff.