From:
Michael W Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 09:04:57 -0500
----------
>From: John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
> "Double-truck," full-color ads for Gaucho are appearing in farming magazines
> in the U.S. now. Double-trucks are ads that run across two pages, the
> splashiest and most expensive.

As litigationist as we in the U.S. are, and the liberality of juries
(generally speaking), maybe if we bee keepers send a warning (not a threat)
to the company/ies that produces/markets Gaucho that lawsuits containing
loss compensation, loss of income, replacement costs, etc. WILL be
forthcoming if it becomes apparant that Gaucho does have severe adverse
effects on the honey bee population, we can maybe get the company/ies to
take a second look at what they are planning to do.  It's a littel late, I
realize, considering the expenses already incurred in advertising and
production/distribution already incurred. but.....
After all, look at what has happened to the cigarette industry.

Mike Stoops
Located 1/2 way between Mobile and Montgomery, Alabama, USA