Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:16:07 -0600
> We now have a third antibiotic for AFB (because the first two have lost their effectiveness)

Is that true?

OTC: AFAIK, OTC is still effective against AFB and EFB, although there
are instances where AFB has developed resistance.  IMO OTC has always
has always been a comparatively unreliable AFB control compared to
sulfathiazole and tylosin, both of which are much more effective,
probably since they are more stable and long-lived in the hive.

Tylosin: I have not heard of AFB resistance to Tylosin being reported.
Can anyone provide references?

Lincomycin : Having a number of options with different modes of action
is central to effective IPM and having a backup plan or alternate
treatment is always prudent.

It seems to me though that lincomycin and tylosin are fairly similar in
mechanism, so they may not be as different as would be ideal, but I
suppose we will find out in time.

Maybe someone can expand on this?

http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=174081