From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:41:09 -0400
Actually saw a laying worker yesterday.  It confirmed what I've heard about it
being possible to have laying workers in a normal hive.

The hive has a new queen, only about a month old, nearly perfect brood pattern,
most of the frame filled, save the corners.   The hive isn't big having
just been split
not long ago, but looked to be growing just as well as any other split this
year.
Then I noticed a worker with an egg halfway out it's rear crawling around the
center of the frame.

I don't think it's a problem, the queen is alive and well, certainly no
signs of her
failing.  Just found it a really odd thing to see.

-Tim