From:
Vivian Donahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:10:36 -0400
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that in response to the
proliferation of "fat free" claims being made a few years ago, the
FDA made the ruling a couple years ago, that in order to make a claim
of "fat free" the product has to normally have had fat in it.  In
response some of the products now say things like "No fat, never had
it, never will".....
Never underestimate the sneakiness of Madison Ave......

Vivian