From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 13:10:43 +0100
> I agree, the stethoscope is a great tool for checking what is going on
> in the hive.  I've been using one for several years now, and it gives
> a very good, quick estimate of where the bees are and how numerous
> they are, and aside from the rapping on the outside it doesn't even
> disturb them.

I wonder why people are visiting the bees in the winter when snow are
covering the earth!

To my experience there is nothing you can do if a hive is not OK. Besides
your footsteps are turning into deadly traps when the bees on a nice 10
degrees Celsius day make a cleansing flight. If no footsteps they may land
on the snow but nearly all (Not worn out) will be able to lift of again. If
footsteps in the snow some will land in those and because of the cold
accumulated in those they will not be able to lift of and are lost.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Multilingual software for beekeeping since 1997

hive note- queen breeding and handheld computer beekeeping software

now Version 6 heavily expanded and major bugfix.

Full Indstallation http://apimo.dk/programs/beekeping_hivenote.exe
update installation http:/apimo.dk/programs/bidataupdate.exe

home page = HTTP://apimo.dk
e-mail [log in to unmask]