From:
Robert Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 23:59:04 -0500
 Dan Hendricks wrote:
 Fri, 10 May 2002 15:17:37 -0700
> Subject: Plastic foundation
>
> They started drawing comb in a few patches and then continued
> building comb down from that start but hanging free of the
> foundation.  Is this familiar to anyone?

I think the problem here is that the new frames with foundation were not
placed properly.  Foundation frames be spaced so the frame shoulders are
tightly together.  As the foundation is drawn, the shoulders shoiuld be
pushed apart so that there is about an eighth of an inch separating them.
If not done in this manner one frequently finds what happened here, and it
may become a problem getting it reconstructed properly.  Easy to prevent,
very annoying to correct.  Never space the foundation (ten frames, NEVER
nine) equally across the super or brood box prior to being  drawn out at
least half way.   This will prevent the problem.

To Kathy Pressly:  I will call your brother in Birmingham about his swarm in
the morning.

Bob Barnett
Birmingham