From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:11:48 -0600
On Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:35:29 UT, Garry Libby wrote:

>Hello All,
>         A while back some discussion began on plastic equipment,but did not
>go very far.It seems there would be a demand for such a product,it is
>successful in Europe.I use Kelly's plastic outer and inner covers,as well as
>their plastic bottom boards,and I really like them.I would be interested in
>obtaining brood boxes and supers of the same material.Any comment? Thanks,
>Garry Libby,Boston,MA   USA

 Kelly made a Plastic box at one time or another. The box has a major drawback
the ends where the frames rest warped toward the frames after a while and bees
would glue the frames on the endbars making them very hard to remove.
 I have some still in my operation and i am culling them out for that reason.

Charles Harper
Harper's Honey farm
1000 + Colonies