From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:21:19 -0600
> She said what they were seeing in the feral colonies were  capensis
> traits (Her words)...

> I was shocked as I did not   know  any  capensis  (or capensis genes)
were
> still around  from the   Dr. Kerr 1957 release.

I still; have not seen any direct quote from Gloria that says they have
done a DNA test and found capensis genes.  That is something I would
expect, if it were more than a misinterpretation by some listeners.  This
is Big News and I would have expected to see it in the bee press by now --
if it were true.

There are many kinds of associations between ideas and between objects.
Although to many, the difference is not obvious, there is a vast difference
between a close comparison -- which is what you and others reported her to
have made -- and an identity, which AFAIK, she has carefully avoided
implying.

I also heard her speak at about the same time, but at the other end of the
country, and she seemed careful to make that distinction, and avoided
suggesting an identity.

I would like to see if those who are 'quoting' her can get her to say in
writing that they have demonstrated capensis DNA to be in Arizona stock.
I'm betting you cannot.  It seems to me that if she said what you think she
said to you in public, she would be glad to repeat it.

It seems to me that if you are going to repeat this interpretation, and
hinge provocative arguments on it, you need to prove she said what you
think she said.

That should be easy. All you need to do is write here and get permission to
quote her on that. If you can get her to corroborate your report, I will be
grateful for the entirely new perspective on the matter.

I expect you to post a direct quote from her here soon, or give it up.

allen