From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:34:00 EDT
Bill said: "I still contend that CCD is a minor issue since it is
Varroa/Tracheal that is the problem."

Our surveys and sampling of colonies, as well as reports by other CCD
investigators don't support this notion.  Yes, some beekeepers had mite  problems
and CCD.  Others had demonstrably low mite levels, verging on none  - and they
still had CCD.

Just because some of the initial reports of CCD were from beekeepers,  most
of whom admitted to having mite problems, does not mean that all cases  of CCD
are mite related.  I think its running about 50/50 at the  moment.  I wouldn't
be spending time investigating CCD - if it were  simply a mite management
problem.

Jerry