Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:37:26 GMT
Often when removing a colony from a home, I save many nice honey
combs.  When I get home, I put the honey combs into a nylon mesh bag
in a plastic pail, mash the combs with a 4" dia. tall jar (have found
the tall jar to work best), suspend the mesh bag above the pail, and
let the honey drip down into the pail overnight.

The way I do it, not every comb gets mashed completely and there is
still some honey left in unbroken comb pieces at the end of the
dripping period.

Does anyone have 'perfect' way to mash the combs completely or to get
the honey out of virgin honey comb?  I thought about placing the comb
bag in an extractor to spin out the rest of the honey but I'm sure
the unbalanced weight in the basket will cause the extractor to jolt
violently...

Thank you.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY