From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:45:00 EDT
Bees for seed production is a big business.  Including issues such as  how to
get bees to work onions - apparently they can be put off by the  odor.
Important enough that we've done two years of contract work on  improving bee
foraging on onions, carrots, and related plants.  Currently  we are talking with
some soybean folks.

Don't be too hasty in assuming bees have no role to play in supposedly wind
pollinated plants.  Suggest you go to McGregor's book (its online at the
Tucson Lab site), its dated, but interesting reading.

Jerry