From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:13:53 -0600
> Set up a sawbuck, grab a folding suitcase
> rack from a hotel, anything that you can set the box on so that you can
> stand and work in a comfortable position.

We've used three old supers screwed together with four strips of lathe.  We
left 1" gaps between boxes to get the right height and to let the air out.
That way the bees wind up in one neat heap in front of the hive, not all
around the apiary.

> As per the slide, I like it.

We use them sometimes.  We have some that flip the box upside down but
don't allow the frames to fall out.

>  And, many of the chemicals used to drive bees also harm bees  -- we've
seen high numbers of queen supercedures following chemical use.

That's interesting.  Can you give us more specifics?  What chemicals?
Used how?  How high are the supercedures?  Is supercedure necessarily a bad
thing?

allen