From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:27:43 -0500
Peter>The nurse sent for the doctor immediately and they decided to use a special silver impregnated dressing. When I got home I removed the dressing a replaced it with honey and the improvement was seen very quickly, although it took 3 months for everything to get back to normal looking skin.

>... of all those patients (100%) who reported within 1 hour became sterile with honey dressing in less than 7 days while none with SSD. All of the wounds became sterile in less than 21 days with honey, while this was so in only 36.5% with SSD treated wounds. The honey group included 33 patients reported within 24 hours of injury, and 26 out of them had a complete outcome at 2 months of follow-up, while numbers for the SSD group were 32 and 12.

>Honey dressing improves wound healing, makes the wound sterile in lesser time, has a better outcome in terms of prevention of hypertrophic scarring and post-burn contractures, and decreases the need of debridement irrespective of time of admission, when compared to SSD dressing.

>A comparative study to evaluate the effect of honey dressing and silver sulfadiazene dressing on wound healing in burn patients
P. S. Baghel, S. Shukla, R. K. Mathur, and R. Randa

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2845359/

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT