From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 10:10:47 -0500
Hello Randy & All,

>as support for your hypothesis that oxalic acid damaged malpighian tubules.

I you read carefully I was only sharing information I received directly from
a member of the CCD team! Take it for what it is. I also said I had a hard
time believing OA caused the tubule damage. I still do.

Medhat i believe (there I go again using a name ) I believe (in my opinion)
understood the issue and is going to take a look at some M. tubules.

"Hi Marion,
Bob has a habit of misquoting people.

I don't think most on the list would agree with the above. After the huge
number of posts only two or three instances have happened  and they were
challenged by the same person.

BEE_L  does know I   will share what those researchers have said in
presentations.   I have NEVER had a researcher ever approach me by email
,phone or at a national meeting about what I have said on BEE_L concerning
their work and many do *read* BEE-L.

Some on this list try to fight every new idea that comes out (except their
own). When you travel to national meetings you hear the bee labs give their
reports on what they are working on. The virus work at Penn state was eye
opening this year. SMR research was when first presented. Hygienic was.
If you look in archives many fight all but the old ways. News of new
discoveries and problems in bees are always fought at first.

What is causing the m. tubule damage in CCD bees?

Will be out of the office for the next few days.

bob

--
believed to be clean.