From:
John A Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 18:00:45 -0400
My understanding is that
Moth balls- Napthalene is toxic to bees and must not be used to
fumigate for wax moth.  The material is adsorbed by the wax and a residual
stays there.  I know of one beekeeper that thought he had PDB -
Para-dichloro-benzene, instead he used Napthalene, He aired the empty dry
comb for several days and then installed a package.  The package died
in a couple days. It was not a good time for him.

Live long and pollinate,  grins, John

John A. Skinner           218 Ellington Hall
Extension Apiculturist    University of Tennessee
[log in to unmask]          Knoxville, TN  37901   (423)974-7138