From:
Lucinda Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:26:23 +0100
Hi all,

I was in a hobby and crafts shop here in UK and found a plastic mesh sold as
'plastic canvas' for tapestry and cross-stitch. It is made by Darice in
U.S.A. and a 10.5 x 13.5 inch sheet cost 0.35GBP. It is the best priced mesh
I have yet found, and seems like it will last. My first project is a few
baskets for my bee vacuum.

We set our children to making rolled candles (from sheets dipped as per
foundation making on
http://www.beesource.com) with the passing children. 1 GBP a candle,
(average 4oz)  plenty of interest and everyone bought honey. (You just roll
the unembossed sheet tightly around a waxed wick...my 7year old teaches it)
Lots more to learn, marketing with observation hive means a dry throat and
picked brain is assured, but my best witty reply was that 2000 years of
recorded research means we can have MANY conflicting POVs, instead of a few!

The 'make your own candle' was quite a winner, our system needs a bit of
work to speed up the throughput, but there were some very smiley proud
children. Ahhhhh, sweet pyromania....:-)

John Sewell