From:
Carmenie Stemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:43:37 -0800
Hello all,

I have been recently reading the 'Pest Management
Strategy - Elimination of American Foulbrood Without
the Use of Drugs' by Mark Goodwin and Cliff Van Eaton.
 Has anyone here in Canada or the USA tried the NZ AFB
methods outlined in the manual, even thought their
neighbours may not be doing so?  How did you fare?
Did you get AFB really bad because someone elses
outfit was contaminated, even though it may have not
necessarily showed because of the use of the drugs?

And if nowone has tried it, do you still think it is a
could idea to do so, even though we may still have to
use T-25?  Like all the inspections and hive
isolation?  What do you think the pro's and con's are
of doing it?

I am just a beginner beekeeper, and had AFB last year
in one hive.  Since then I have done alot on reading
on the matter, and would like to manage my bees
somewhat according as the above manual outlined.  But
I will probably still have to use T-25. I live in
Ontario Canada.

Any comments on the above would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Carmenie

P.S.  For those who haven't checked the manual out,
the web address is:

http://www.nba.org.nz/pms/manual/index.htm