From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:24:59 -0500
> Did Dr. Calderone say if the negligible differences showed at least a
> trend towards 'better' or 'worse' in those 3 areas ?
Yes, both better AND worse.  I do not have and did not note the exact data
presented on the slides.  I open myself up to rebuttal and may misrepresent
results if I say all screened bottom board hives were consistently better or
worse than all solid bottom board hives.  The conclusion of the study as
presented was screened bottom boards were statistically negligible regarding
falll cluster size, honey production and varroa control.  Take that at face
value with a solid appreciation for statistical analysis.  Some test cases
may have been better, some test cases may have been worse.  The bar graphs
on the slides were not EXACTLY even.  But overall, when the data were
analyized and the numbers cranked, there was no statistically significant
difference in the fall cluster size, mite load and honey production
regardless of bottom board, screened or solid.

Ask questions as you will.  My answer can only be, this study showed no
statistically significant difference in the fall cluster size, mite load and
honey production regardless of bottom board, screened or solid.

Aaron Morris - thinking no statistically significant difference in the fall