From:
Robert Akin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:21:34 -0700
I seem to either have difficulty keeping my smoker going, or it burns out
before I am finished working my bees.  I get tired of baby sitting the
smoker to keep it going while I am working my bees.  I am using dry burlap,
and have used other things, but it seems to go out when I have a hive
opened. It is frustrating to have to stop and relight the smoker!

Anyway, recently I have been working my bees without even bothering with
the smoker.  They seem to be just fine with that and it is less frustrating
for me.  Does anyone see any problems not using the smoker?

BTW, I have been keeping bees for 3 years now and I live in the Willamette
Valley in Oregon.  I have three hives, 1 Italian, and 2 Carniolans. I
joined this list about a month ago and have appreciated the discussion that
goes on here.

Jennifer