Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:18:32 +0200
"David L. Green" wrote:

Once in awhile as you pick up the hive, the bottom board drops onto your feet.
Boy, I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Don't we all. We have overcome that problem in a very cheap and effective way by
using - called here - black hand strapping. This is a 12 mm wide plastic or woven
nylon strap that is tied - no tools needed - with metal looped buckles. This
packing material is often used to bundle together a variety of products in
industry and is very cheap (12.8 US cents per hive). Two straps are used per hive
to tie hive, floor, super and lid.  Even in severe UV conditions these will last
for a year. Even with hives falling off the third tier, they don't come adrift ...
often.

Robert Post