From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:22:20 -0500
>the cappings that I place in a filter bag, run through my Mother's spin
drier, and then through a fine mesh strainer has the appearance of sump oil
but
tastes scrummy.

I could not find scrummy in the dictionary. About all I know about scrummy
is the word rymes with crummy.

I have got a market for "sump oil" colored honey ( exactly as comes from the
hive) but a very small market.

In our area we produce (if not careful) a "sump oil" type honey with a
slight smell. The honey has a decent flavor but the smell hurts sales.

I sold a load to a bakery once and later had to take the honey back, The
bakery said all their pecan rolls and honey bread had the smell.

The floral source is what we call "smart weed" (heartsease). Most packers
will not buy honey tainted with "smart weed" but the honey is an excellent
honey for bees to winter on. Best I have ever found.

bob

--
believed to be clean.