Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:02:51 GMT
>>But a corresponding question is should beekeepers tell the public
that they are using approved insecticides in their bee hives?
Including one that if used in the wrong dosage and formulation could
cause brain damage?

I agree with Lloyd.  I once saw checkmite strips in a beekeeper's
hive with supers on during a honey flow in June!  When I told him he
was DEAD wrong, he objected and said 'by now these strips have very
little strength and I need them to keep mites in check.'  I told him
he was putting himself and his customers at risk of nerve damage!

In my opinion, checkmite should be forbbiden in beehives period.
Something is wrong with an agency that approves a nerve agent and
procrastinates approving oxalic acid solution.

>>Taking the objection to its extreme, one could take the position we
should not stop using a very dangerous product  and substitute a
benign product until the State tells us it is ok.  That is insanity.

This reminds me of a band of people that refused to pay the king's
taxes (approved) and, instead, held a tea party in Boston (very
unapproved). :))  No offense to our beekeeping friends in the UK!!!

Waldemar
Long Island, NY