From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:58:42 -0400
Mats Andersson wrote:

>Lloyd wrote about comb honey...
>
>Can i ask an odd question: how is comb honey consumed? Do you eat it all,
>including the wax? Over here in Sweden, i have seen comb honey sections
>once, but never eaten it.

You should get a variety of answers since it is more an individual
preference. Some take a chunk and eat it all, some chew on it to get out
the honey and then use the wax like chewing gum. Some spread it on toast
and eat it all.

Generally those who buy it are older and remember it from the days they
had it as a normal table item. Younger people buy it for the novelty and
ask the same question you did and get the same answer I gave (which I
learned from the older people who buy it, since I asked them). I like to
use it like chewing gum. I was told it was the model for chewing gum
since it preceded chewing gum by thousand of years both for enjoyment
and rendering wax.

At the fair where our State Chapter sold honey, combs usually sell well.
Even better is cut comb where blocks of comb are immersed in a jar of
honey. Both demand premium prices.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine