Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:04:13 -0500
Are any of the current list readers making honey vinegar?  If so, how much
honey and how much water do you use by volume?

Last year I mixed some honey and water and added a little vinegar from a
natural food store that said it had mother of vinegar in it, put it in a
gallon glass jar and put a piece of paper towel over the top held in place by
a rubber band.  I then forgot about it until today, when I tasted it.  It
seems to have turned into vinegar, but is really weak.  Did I not put
enough honey in, or do I just need to wait longer?  I do not plan to buy any
vapor locks or costly mead making paraphenalia as I am not interested in
making mead.  Any suggestions?  Thanks,

Layne Westover
College Station, Texas