From:
Paul Bashore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:49:18 -0600

>Hi Paul
>        Glad to hear your success with mineral oil. I am sure you spent a lot
>less, I would guess $4.00 compared to $75.00 with apistan. I think if
>everyone would get on the mineral oil wagon the US could say good bye to
>the varroa mite for good.  The best part of mineral oil is that there is
>no large build up of mites in the summer months, which could collapse
>the colony in early winter even if the apistan strips could get all the
>mites of in the fall.
>
>I hope we'll hear more good reports on the use of mineral oil, that will
>help get the chemical lovers on board.
>
>Elroy

Well Elroy I like to keep my honey as free of chemicals as possiable as
most beekeepers do. Granted mineral oil is a chemical but far less to cause
long term problems then year after year of useing apistan. Not only is Dr.
Rodriguez discovery of mineral oil treatment for mites very cost effective
it is faster to treat the hives with it then the apistan was.

Thanks for your reply

Paul in Okla.  15 hivs and growing