From:
Michael Housel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:04:09 EDT
       I am not the experts but the following will give you some water areas
to look for contaminations.
       1.  Red ground or water is usually the color of any algae that has
died in a pool.
Water sample this to the county water testing.
       2.  Sentiment water pools with a slight scum collecting on the
surface.  Water sample this to the county water testing.
       3.  Grass or any vegetation that has an odd color (red or yellow).
       4.  Died bugs, frogs, and mice need to be sent to a diagnostic lab in
the state.
       5.  Talk to the owner of the dairy farm to see if you can get any
spray or chemical usage.  Please explain that the bees are a first line help
in the detection of virus problems that maybe developing on the farm.  You
may help him before it becomes a major problem for him.  Or at the least
explain that some chemical may have been used stronger than it would be
required.
       6.  If you can get an aerial photograph it may show a natural arsenic
water coming up because of the extensive use of the water in your area.  The
ground water has shown some properties from the gold mining with water.
       If this doesn't help contact me and I will give you some people to
call to help.
       Michael Housel        Orlandobee