From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:54:36 -0500
Hello Kurt,
       I know that I have not included enough information for you to
accurately assess the condition of my bees or given you the history of my
hive's origins.

Kurt raises an important point. When asking for the solution to a beekeeping
problem from those on BEE-L always include as much information as you can as
trivial as it may seem.

Kurt said;
 Only to say that they all came from splits of my own bees.

What race of bees are you running?

Kurt said:
I have not purchased any packages in 5 years, so you can see my bees have
managed to overcome any improper techniques that I may have employed.

I would say you have been sucessful. You are even raising your own queens?

Kurt said:
I believe you have my best interest at heart and I appreciate your input.

I really do. I have shared quite a bit of beekeeping information not found
in books with the list and have at times given a glimpse into the world of
the migratory beekeeper. Little is known of the world of  the migratory
beekeeper.

Kurt asks:
As to additional postings...I find it difficult to keep up with the rate at
which this list moves. Dont you people have other things to occupy your
time?

If you notice many do BEE-L while they are suppose to be doing their
everyday Monday through Friday jobs. The list always slows down on the
weekends.

Now is my busy Beekeeping time and is what I do these days so I might post
anytime of day or  night. I keep no regular hours. I regularly leave the
state doing bees.  November, December, January and February are  slow times
for me . I still bottle for stores then and repair equipment but spend quite
a bit of time reading and researching beekeeping on the net.

Things are always changing in migratory beekeeping. My partners and I are
trying to decide now if to winter in Texas, California , Florida or stay
home.

Florida is my idea because I want to work on my tan but they say we can not
go to Florida only because you want to visit with your old bee buddies and
work on your sun tan!

If not for the big pond we could maybe talk Robin into letting us winter in
his area so he can see first hand our style of beekeeping.

Bob

Ps. Every so often the moderators cry foul!  Nothing new! We promise to
behave moderators!