From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:48:23 -0700
>> ...or just downright ignorance of how to read instructions and follow
>> labels.

For those wondering about the ability and willingness of the average
beekeeper to read and follow simple instructions, merely examining the
postings on BEE-L may be an indicator.

I assume, BEE-L posts come from some of the best and the brightest -- and
probably more literate -- members of our craft.

That notwithstanding -- and in spite of an obvious notice at the bottom of
every message to consult and follow the guidelines -- many posts are
submitted with the entire text of previous messages, extended tag lines,
remains of junk headers and signature lines, and, tellingly, from time to
time, several copies of the admonition to consult the guidelines.

When I see this, I have ask myself this: if the best and brightest cannot
find and follow the first commandment of BEE-L, then what can we expect when
beekeepers are expected to understand and comply with tiny
technical-sounding text on the back of a pretty label on a wrapping that may
have been long discarded?