From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:05:44 -0800
John & Christy Horton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I do at times see bees flying in fairly cold weather, ....... I would appreciate any observations/comments along these lines....even if
it is a "Beek 101" response.From what I have read and heard, the most common reason for bees flying in cold weather is to defecate.  If it has been a long time since the last flight weather, the bees are very anxious to get out to defecate.  If your colonies have nosema, this condition is considerably acerbated.

Mike in LA