From:
John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 09:00:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/00 6:22:01 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<I'm inclined to think there are other, less flattering explanations:>>

4) Lack of hygiene on the part of the beekeeper in how he/she handles swarms
of unknown origin. I installed two such swarms this season, a week after
removing my Apistan strips from the other hives. With disoriented bees
wandering every which way into other hives, I vowed to change my hiving
procedure in the future so that all such swarms are introduced (quarantined)
in one designated apiary, perhaps the one with the "resistant" Russian
queens, if the resistance turns out to be real.