From:
Glyn Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 23:26:14 GMT
>.  It would help if someone would
>describe just how far "bee biology" should go and where it stops.
>
>Eric
>
>Eric Abell
>Gibbons, Alberta Canada
>(403) 998 3143

Friendly Bee-liners,

I've been on the list for about a year now and after 20 years of beekeeping
I find the List absorbing for its insights to bee and human behaviour.

Soon after joining it occurred to me that the List was trying to do two things:
     a) Discuss Bee biology-  ie Life-history, anatomy, behaviour, diseases etc
     b) Discuss Practical beekeeping techniques-

Of course these areas interact but they do seem to reflect a natural
separation of people and problems.
  I don't really know how or who organises Bee-line.  Is it too naive to
suggest that maybe two lines could be set up?  Would this situation calm
things down, providing less frustration and less stamping on others toes?
And perhaps permit more detailed discussion in each of these equally
important but fairly distinct branches of the beekeeping business.

Glyn Davies, Ashburton, Devon UK