From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:15:48 -0500
Hi Guys,

I have watched a very small swarm enter a large three story colony in
Arizona. They alighted on the side of the hive. Marched down to the bottom
board and clustered there, on its bottom surface. A small number of bees,
from the swarm, were constantly going into and returning to their cluster
from the large hive entrance.

After a couple of hours, the whole swarm marched freely into the large hive
without any fighting or disturbance. And there wasn't any sign fighting or
of dead bees two days after the swarm entered the hive.

It's interesting to note that there were plenty of empty bee hives and
supers available to the swarm, but they chose a large inhabited hive.

I don't know, for sure, that the small swarm was AHB. But I suspect that it was.

Regards
Dennis