From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 16:33:36 -0400
*  I think that it is very interesting that these sentences which
appear in the USDA Honey Market Report appear to be "copy quotes" from
a news article !  which was translated from the German. Is that where
USDA gets their info?

>> This phenomena is being coined as a potential "AIDS for the bee industry" <<

>> There is evidence of almost all known bee viruses in the few
surviving bees found in the hives after most have disappeared; a sign
that the bee's immune system may have collapsed. <<

* * *

Excerpts from
"Are GM Crops Killing Bees?" By Gunther Latsch
Translated from the German by Christopher Sultan

> Scientists call the mysterious phenomenon "Colony Collapse Disorder" (CCD) … like Dennis vanEngelsdorp, an apiarist with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, they are already referring to the problem as a potential "AIDS for the bee industry." <

> In many cases, scientists have found evidence of almost all known bee viruses in the few surviving bees found in the hives after most have disappeared. Some had five or six infections at the same time and were infested with fungi -- a sign, experts say, that the insects' immune system may have collapsed. <

Der Spiegel Online
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,473166,00.html