Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 06:11:00 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
There are umpteen different hypotheticals that could be imagined. What about actual real life situations? There are numerous "BAD" occurances that have happened. 

Compared with the number of possible occurances, these bad occurances are, or have been, few.

This is not to say that those individual occurances weren't uncomfortable, inconvenient and perhaps devistating, this is to say that they are not normal. And steps have been taken to address those specific occurances. And steps have been taken to keep those bad encounters from happening in the future.

The system isn't perfect. It needs working on and constant monitoring.

Help improve and secure this program that has so much potential good service to give to the Beekeepers and the Citizens of New York State.

Before anyone jumps up and says, "He's just trying to save his job." WRONG. I have no desire to return to work for Ag & Mkts.

I do have a desire to see the Apiary Inspection Program continue and thrive. I have many questions and concerns abouit how that will happen. I may not be able to directly petition the Dept. of Ag&Mkts, for 2 years, since I have been an employee of the Department.

I am concerned about what kind of Inspector we would have, if that inspector wasn't interested in Honeybees enough to have some of there own. How could they be knowledgeable enough to do the job to the degree necassary? This may just be a lack of perspective on my part.

Mark Berninghausen

"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

(this
is hypothetically now) an inspector bringing a
competitor into your apiary when your not home to
snoop in your hives, 

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 With a free 1 GB, there's more in store with Yahoo! Mail.

-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l for rules, FAQ and  other info ---

ATOM RSS1 RSS2