From:
curtis spacek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:28:29 -0500
goerge imirie certainly has the proper frame of mind.and all the other
people have valid pionts as well.my point is/was beekeepers don't have
to kill themselves to make a profit in beekeeping.be honest,original and
don't follow as if you are sheep being led to slaughter.just because it
seems easier to sell to packers at first glance,with a broader field of
vision it becomes readily apparent a beekeeper can produce half as much
honey and triple his gross income or better.If you can't sell all your
honey,sell last years left-overs to the packers after you have harvested
your fresh honey for this year.don't get caught short or you may lose
customers.which is easier?working bees in july in 100deg heat or sitting
in the ac bottling honey.which is greater,the distance from yard to yard
or store to store in your city.which generates the greatest profit per
mile?specialty honeys as sale blockers,you bet!!!I love the idea of a
certain floral source outselling some packers blend of foreign
honey.especially if I have 3 or 4 barrels of the stuff in my honey
house.the profit will be mine and I will have beaten out the competition
again.try it,it's a hoot.beekeepers are folding right and left and if we
aren't careful and diligent there will be no polination,local honey,bee
research,or US agriculture.there certainly are more people leaving
beekeeping than are getting into it.attendance at meetings is ample
proof,what were crowds if 100 or more 20 years ago have dwindled to
10-20 in attendance today.who cares if african bees are mean,that's what
bee suits are for.they manage them in south america don't they.I have
mean bees and if they produce 250 lbs in a 3 wk flow I'm happy to have
them if they don't produce I requeen them.raise your own queens sell
your own honey and you may really enjoy being a beekeeper,which also is
a REAL HOOT!!!!!!!

                                              American Capitalist at
Heart
                                                Curtis Spacek