From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 20:43:20 -0400
Mike Stoops wrote:
> Is this paper supposed to be a conclusive statement?
Mike- we both agree that it is not, but the genie is out of the bottle.
Look at the press, not the science, and it looks like the problem is
solved. Also recall all the comments on this list that showed the CCD
hype to be totally overblown such as 80% of all eastern US bees lost,
which was reported over and over as fact. Even current press reports
number the losses in the billions.

Also recall Jim's comments about the findings and the attempts by some
to get their version out first. There are primadonnas in science and
attention brings bucks.

Just follow the news reports from here on in and you will see it move
from possible to probable and from there.... It is not far fetched that
some strutting pols will call for banning the bee. Worked for the bomb.

I have not liked the way this whole problem was handled. Too many
personalities and too much hype and all after the money. Almost make you
a bit cynical.

Fortunately we here in Maine have banned CCD, so there have been no
incidences of it in our state.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine (a CCD free zone)