From:
Ann Dougherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 19:52:02 -0700
Wesley:

What I do with old wax such as you have is to save it all up and put it
in the solar wax melter.  It's the quikest way to render all the gunk
out.  Then put it in a old milk carton and warm it up in an pan of hot
water like a double boiler.  When the wax is totally melted, Stir in H2O2
(Hydrogen Peroxide) and keep stirring for a few minutes.  This helps
bleach the wax and also the remaining particles will settle to the
bottom.  I use about 1/2 cup of H2O2 to 2 lbs. of wax.  There's no need
to be exact tho. Then I pour the whole thing through an old piece of
sweat shirt.  I use the wax to make candles and cosmetics.

                        Good luck!
                                        Ann