From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:02:33 -0400
Much as I admire Brother Adam and envy his travel/research budget (and the kitchen staff to provide warmed syrup to the bees at night), and agree that we should attempt to concentrate in our bees the best the genome has to offer, it is perilous to draw direct lines between the hybridization possibilities in mammals to those available when multiple patrilines in offspring are at play.

For most of us, it is not going to be possible to exercise much control over our drone population. I would think that is a challenge even for large queen breeding operations.

What then, are the practical steps that can be taken in our apiaries large and small to improve the stock?