From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:31:23 -0500
Hello Coleene and All,
> If this is the case, and the weather is moderating, what about using a
> propane torch to very lightly heat the top of the fume board?

Heat is what is lacking so any way heat could be given would help in my
opinion..

 >The >one I  just bought has aluminum on the top.  Has anyone tried this?

They cook with aluminum pans so maybe the heat would not hurt but I really
have never tried putting a torch to a aluminum covered top.

> I don't have  an extension cord long enough to run my hair dryer that
>far!!   :)

Maybe a gasoline generator would work!  Only kidding but would work and
perhaps a generator lurks in the garage (left over from Y2K).

Interesting ideas!   Fume boards being less effective when the temperature
moderates is a old problem.  The solution for commercial beekeepers has been
a fume board with a hole cut in it with a piece of vent pipe at a 90 degree
angle.  Place the fume board on the hive and turn the pipe in the direction
the wind is blowing and watch those bees head for the entrance.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri