From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:11:42 +0100
Hi All

The promised commentary on the Cloake system did not happen as things did
not develop along the lines that I had planned. (the queen I thought was a
"good" bet for breeding turned out to produce workers that were horrible
when they were working "BioDiesel" Rape (Canola). We have not had much of
the crude version of this crop for many years and so it's toxic effect had
not been noticed in the previous generations.

Slight progress has been made in my re-building program, I now have four
colonies and we have a spell of good weather, so I may yet do a Cloake queen
raising job but we are running out of time to build the resulting nucs into
colonies for wintering.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman